Solar PV can provide a clean, renewable source of electricity for your home or business.
How it works
Solar PV panels use photovoltaic cells to capture the sun’s energy, and convert it into electricity. This can be used for household appliances, or lighting. For information on using solar for heating and hot water, see the Solar Thermal page.
Benefits of Solar PV
- Don’t need direct sunlight to work
- Generate electricity for free, all your round
- Reduce your electricity bills
- Combined with systems such as battery storage and Smart Home technology can increase savings
- Helps towards Planning compliance for new build properties
- Reduction in your carbon footprint